9th May 2021
THE CHEVENING NEWS
We Need Your Help!!
The Chevening News was first published in 1971 and has reported on events in Chevening every two months for over 50 years. Publication was forced to be suspended during the Covid pandemic but now we are beginning to come out of lockdown we are hoping to be able to start up again.
Unfortunately, as editor I am somewhat older than the publication and together with other members of the team we really need younger blood to kickstart matters if the magazine is to carry on.
Ideally the team needs people who can:-
- Come up with ideas for local stories of interest
- Contact local businesses for advertising revenue (largely a renewal of previous arrangements).
- Collect subscriptions from readers (again mainly an annual task).
- Chase up copy from local institutions, schools, churches and the Parish Council etc.
- Edit and format the magazine
- Arrange for printing (From SDC Print Dept.) and distribution.
- Look after the finances.
I'm truly sorry, but without help this much-loved local institution will not come back from the Covid ashes. If you think you could help in any way please get in touch by email, phone (or even carrier pigeon!)
Obviously the current team will be on hand to explain matters and help to ensure a smooth handover.
Allan de Turberville
firstname.lastname@example.org (01732) 461581