Chevening Parkland - Urgent Action required
28th November 2022
URGENT URGENT URGENT
Comments concerning the Chevening Estates Parkland Appeal must be received by the Planning Inspectorate by Friday 2nd December.
This is your last chance to register your comments concerning the proposal.
Some key points concerning the proposal:-
- The creation of the Parkland will destroy existing agricultural land at a time when locally sourced food is more essential than ever
- The project will involve 100 lorry movements a day, 5 days a week for over 5 years through narrow country lanes with the environmental impact that will be generated with that much traffic and pollution with the unnecessary transportation of this volume of landfill
- The water from the existing farmland runs into the water course in Dunton Green introducing “foreign” soil into that area could damage the water quality and marine life downstream of the Parkland for many years to come
- If the Parkland goes ahead it will potentially be 20 years before the land recovers from the impact of the changes upon it, with the resultant impact on the “approach to the heritage asset” Chevening House
- The M25 has been there for over 40 years – why has this now become a problem?
- There is negligible public benefit to this proposal and huge public detriment
- The deliberate destruction of green belt to create green belt makes no rational or economic sense
Please make your comments to:-