Accessibility statement for Chevening Parish Council
This accessibility statement applies to the Chevening Parish Council website - https://www.cheveningparishcouncil.gov.uk
This website is run by Chevening Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. To aid accessibility the website includes the following accessibility features:
- Ability to change colours, contrast levels and fonts - This website is controlled by a cascading stylesheet. If there is an aspect of the design you would like to change, such as the colours, you may apply your own stylesheet locally in your Internet browser.
- Change the size of text throughout the website - You can increase or decrease the size of the website text using your browsers zoom settings.
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard.
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software.
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader.
- Headings and descriptions used throughout the website.
The website uses a small number of Access Keys to aid keyboard navigation. Access Keys are keyboard shortcuts, intended to help users who have difficulty using pointing devices such as a mouse. This provides an extra way to navigate the site. Access keys are normally selected by pressing 'Alt and the relevant key together followed by the 'Enter' key.
Alt + 0 = Access key details (this page)
Alt + 1 = Site homepage
Alt + 3 = Sitemap
Alt + S = Skip navigation
Alt + T = Top of page
To choose a link on the page, use the tab key to cycle through the links. Pressing return will access the selected link.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website may not be fully accessible
- Older PDF documents may not be fully accessible to screen reader software
- The Annual Return PDF due to the way this document is produced
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format, please contact:
Telephone: 07981 759255
We'll consider your request and get back to you within 14 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We're always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we're not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the Parish Clerk:
Telephone: 07981 759255
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the 'accessibility regulations'). If you're not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisoryand Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website's accessibility
Chevening Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website has been checked by a competent specialist and improvements made to aid compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelinesversion 2.1 AA standard. Website editors have been provided with training to improve the accessibility of content added to the site.
Whilst most elements fully comply, the site is judged to be partially compliant due to the following non-compliances and exemptions.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Annual Return PDF files. This is due to the process where a series of physical documents are completed and scanned prior to upload to the website.
- Content is regularly added to the website and despite training, in some cases, through human error may miss certain criteria. We will do our best to pick this up and correct.
- Historical content and documents where it's determined there is a disproportionate burden to recreate.
Content that's not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018.
Any new PDFs we publish will meet accessibility standards except for the Annual Return mentioned above.
What we're doing to improve accessibility
We're working with our website supplier to better understand the accessibility implications of our website and address issues that are present. We have a document of changes and improvements which is available on request.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 3rd August 2020. It was last reviewed and updated on 25th August 2021.
A sample of the site pages were tested and advice sought from our provider, Spectulise Ltd. to assist in improving the websites accessibility.